Can't get Lexmark Interact s605 printing on Linux Mint 13.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RafeDonson

Can't get Lexmark Interact s605 printing on Linux Mint 13.

Post by RafeDonson »

I've got a Lexmark Interact S605 which works okay under Windows but not under Linux Mint. I've tried instaling it through a variety of means - including the one where you had to fix a typo in run.lua - but it still won't print. It will scan, so Mint can clearly see it. But when I print, nothing comes out and Cups shows an error of '/usr/local/lexmark/legacy/bin/printfilter failed'.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Can't get Lexmark Interact s605 printing on Linux Mint 1

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

If lexmark doesn't provide a driver for that printer for Linux, you can't print on Linux. Scanning works a different way so it scans normally. I have a Canon Imageclass D880 and it doesn't print on Linux, BUT, I loaded up Virtualbox with XP and installed the drivers and now I CAN print something within Linux. Same with a Dell A920, I can't print on Linux, but I can scan. I CAN print with XP in Virtualbox.
RafeDonson

Post by RafeDonson »

Lexmark's website directs me to a generic inkjet driver when i select that model, and I did have it print once, though it stopped printing shortly after.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Do you have a good quality printer USB cable? One time I bought a USB cable from the 99cent store and it printed half-way and stopped; the rest of the pages came out blank. I had to buy a genuine Belkin USB printer cable for $13 and it worked perfectly afterwards.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

so I go here

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=p ... cale=EN_US

and use the search box they provide and type in s605

and it shows me the 605 ................

...........and I click on the picture of the 605....... and it gives me this ...............

http://support.lexmark.com/index?segmen ... age=null#1

......and it asks me to select operating system.......................

.........and I say ..............linux ...............and then it asks which of the 695 distros that it knows of .........that I would like............

.........so I select Mint...........and it offers me .deb package variants............as Mint uses .deb packages.......

and they come in JRE (java runtime environment) flavours and without...............

.........and they also come in 32bit and 64bit flavours ................ (see screenshot)..............

so you need to download the package you need and follow the instructions in the previous post that is about another lexmark printer

......... are you 32bit?

paste this into a browser

http://localhost:631/printers/

please tell us what you get (better still, send a screenshot)

Return to “Printers & Scanners”