Canon ip2700 printer drivers

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Canon ip2700 printer drivers

Postby JamesPullan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi all,

I have the Canon ip2700 printer and downloaded the Linux software from the Canon website. It installed perfectly, and printed out a test page. As it happened, I needed to replace the cartridge (not used the printer for a while), so shut down the computer and went to the shop.

Got home, replaced the cartridge, and wanted to print some paperwork, only for my computer to tell me that there are no computers installed.

So, I checked the printer settings in the System Preferences, and I am told that "the system printing service doesn't seem to be available".

I then tried installing the Windows software using Wine, and this doesn't work, as the printer spoolers are not installed on the virtual C drive.

Has the initial install of the Canon software corrupted my printer settings on Mint? If so, how do I fix it?

JamesPullan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Canon ip2700 printer drivers

Postby pdc_2 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 pm

if you COPY and PASTE this command into a terminal

(use the top line MENU option on the terminal: you may well find that easier..)

sudo dpkg -l | grep cnijfilter

......and COPY and PASTE back what you get.........this is looking to see what drivers you have installed........

I have Mate Mint 13 installed:

to look at printer drivers, I would go to Menu (bottom-left of screen); Administration .........Printing.......I then get what is in the thumbnail......

.........what do you get?
Attachments
printer.png
printer.png (23.41 KiB) Viewed 631 times
pdc_2
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Printers & Scanners