Printer is turned off or unplugged--it isn't

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Printer is turned off or unplugged--it isn't

Post by LindseyD. »

I've been gifted with a Lexmark X3500, which has a built-in driver in Mint13 KDE. It was detected just fine, but when I try to print the printer manager (in System Settings) says the printer is turned off or unplugged. It isn't. I'm clueless how to diagnose the problem, let alone solve it. PS: the printer does work on an old XP machine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint17 KDE
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Lexmark X3500

Post by pdc_2 »

another post asked for a how-to

is this any help?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems

Lexmark have an Ubuntu debian package driver

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=c ... &locale=en

............. I wonder if that is what you are using? You may care to install this

looks like it is called lexmark_inkjet_09_driver_1.0_1.i386_ts.deb.sh.tar.gz

if it came into your Downloads directory you would
cd Downloads
tar -zxvf lexmark_inkjet_09_driver_1.0_1.i386_ts.deb.sh.tar.gz
sudo ./lexmark_inkjet_09_driver_1.0_1.i386_ts.deb.sh
LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Printer is turned off or unplugged--it isn't

Post by LindseyD. »

Hi pdc_2:

Thanks for this. According to Lexmark, the page you sent me to doesn't include the 3300 series, but I did some more googling and found a few pages that might help.

Will also scour the UbuntuWiki page. Although when I clicked on it I got a "This Connection is Untrusted" message from Firefox. Very odd.

UPDATE: I solved the problem of "not connected" by switching to an alternate driver (also installed by default) that wasn't recommended. Now I'm being told by the printer, not the computer software, that the alignment is wrong and I should remove the tape from the cartridges. These are not new cartridges. I shall persevere.
Mint17 KDE

Return to “Printers & Scanners”