PSC 1400 prints half a test page each print run

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Phosphoric

PSC 1400 prints half a test page each print run

Post by Phosphoric »

Started yesterday. On each print run I get half a test page then the prints that i wanted. The test page is just the black text not the coloured parts.

Note this is the test page not the alignment page so the printer is not asking for an alignment. This is all I could find when googling the problem, go through the alignment procedure. :(

I have narrowed the problem down to my PC by the following:
(All running Mint 13 Mate Desktop)
Laptop to printer - OK
Notebook to printer - OK
PC to different printer - prints test page.
Run live CD on PC - OK

Therefore the fault lies within the PC's printer configuration.

I have deleted the printer and re-installed, removed HPLIPS using synaptic and also removed the hplips configuration files in etc and home using sudo dolphin. All to no avail. I have scores of test sheets littering the floor.

Pleas can somebody help me completely remove the printer's configuration or whatever to get rid of this irritating problem.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Phosphoric

Re: PSC 1400 prints half a test page each print run

Post by Phosphoric »

More information:

The problem is confined to printing pdf files on the PC. PDF on the laptop and notebook print oK.

Text files print OK on the PC.

Laptop and notebook have the basic pdf reader, PC has Acroread 9. Deleted acroread but still no joy. Think I've narrowed the problem down further but there is still some junk left over in the PC somewhere.
Phosphoric

Post by Phosphoric »

Another clue.

Deleted Acroread 9, installed Okular...... no different :(

Tried printing direct from the terminal (lpr -H localhost filename.pdf)......no different.

I assume that means it's not the pdf reader to blame.
Phosphoric

Post by Phosphoric »

No one?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”