Brother MFC-J825DW printing issue.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
agentm

Brother MFC-J825DW printing issue.

Post by agentm »

I've recently installed 'Linux Mint XCFE' on a 2008 iMac, and want to connect it to my Brother Printer Scanner. I've previously got this working on both Ubuntu and Xubuntu. My first assumption was these instructions would probably work with Linux Mint also, since I understand it to be ubuntu derived.

However, I ran into an obstacle at step 5-3 of installing the LPR driver. Calling /etc/init.d/lpr restart resulted in an error since the /etc/init.d folder does not contain lpr in Linux Mint it seems.

I went ahead and rebooted, assuming this would have the same affect. Then followed the instruction for the cups driver as far as the test print. Not working. Maybe unrelated to step 5-3 above, but I thought I'd mention it as its the only thing up until then that didn't go as previously experienced on my Ubuntu laptop and my girlfriends Xubuntu netbook.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
agentm

Re: Brother MFC-J825DW printing issue.

Post by agentm »

Oops. My mistake. When doing the 'Modify Printer' part in CUPS, I thought I'd finished as I'd reached a summary screen of the changes I'd just made. However, it was actually a confirmation screen of the changes I was about to make. I hit the 'Modify Printer' button at the bottom of this page and found the test print I'd ordered previously began to spool and has now printed successfully. :D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”