LMDE canon mg2100 not able to print

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vikrang

LMDE canon mg2100 not able to print

Post by vikrang »

I have installed canon cnijfilter-360-deb from canon website.the script has detected and installed the printer.when I issue the print command , I can see that the print signal is getting received by the printer( there is an led display which shows a circle when a print job is executed).however,nothing happens as the paper is not taken in by the printer and I am forced to kill the job. When I see cups log I am able to see that the status is showing as "processing".

Just to check ,I ran mint maya live cd and the printer prints beautifully. I run the latest LMDE update 6.can anyone help with the correct drivers?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: LMDE canon mg2100 not able to print

Post by pdc_2 »

so if you go to post #6 here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2066330

there are some instructions on how to install a Canon 2100 series driver;
canon cnijfilter-360-deb
............ not sure what you mean by that

if I copy and paste
dpkg -l | grep cnijfilter
into a terminal ........I have made a snapshot of the result

I enclose a snapshot of what my 3100series driver looks like ..(it works..)..

.......so .......what about clicking on the printer icon from MENU.....Administration.........Printing....and delete whatever you have

....then .............start again..........................try the instructions from my post ...........see how you get along? best wishes

Return to “Printers & Scanners”