Canon PIXMA MG2220- SOLVED

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ptmmatssc

Canon PIXMA MG2220- SOLVED

Post by ptmmatssc »

Just got a new printer to replace my old HP ( Canon PIXMA MG2220) and am having trouble setting it up . Have looked around for the proper drivers for both the printer and scanner portion with no luck .

I am running Mint 13 Maya 64 bit .

Any input would be helpful .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ptmmatssc

Re: Canon PIXMA MG2220

Post by ptmmatssc »

Ok , after doing MORE research was able to get both the printer and scanner to work . Found tar.gz files for the MG2200 series that worked for me . Not as easy to set up as my old HP , but fully fuctional .
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon PIXMA MG2220

Post by pdc_2 »

well done; you had that all done and dusted in less than an hour!! great work! I think you can edit the thread title by adding SOLVED .....

for anyone googling or searching otherwise on this

go here

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/P/se ... g_os=Linux

(It is the Canon Asia website): these drivers are available as the 2200 series................so whether you have a 2210 or a 2220 or a 2230, all should be good........

for Mint, that runs Ubuntu, one downloads the .deb package MG2200 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (debian Packagearchive) which comes down as cnijfilter-mg2200series-3.80-1-deb.tar.gz

These Canon MG have scanners;

Canon provides ScanGearMP as the programme to run the scanner; MG2200 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (debian Packagearchive) for Mint; it comes down as scangearmp-mg2200series-2.00-1-deb.tar.gz

and to run the programme first time around type
scangearmp

in a terminal and hit enter.......and thereafter create a launcher;

So for this MF device, Canon provide 32bit and 64bit drivers, in both .deb and .rpm format, and the source files; for both printer and scanner;

.........I think that makes it just a little harder for this device to go "harrumph, harrumph........canon doesn't provide linux support, harrumph, harrumph...................."
ptmmatssc

Re: Canon PIXMA MG2220- SOLVED

Post by ptmmatssc »

I got mine from the Austalian Canon site . So far , have not run into any issues .
http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents ... 69701.html

For running the scanner , all I have done is open GIMP and used that to scan dopcs and pics .

Return to “Printers & Scanners”