Samsun ML-2525 Printer Problems (solved)

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Samsun ML-2525 Printer Problems (solved)

Postby TDI-Geek on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello All! Newbie here. Anyways, I have migrated to Mint from Ubuntu because of that unity thing! confused are they trying to do? Anyways I have had successful installs on two of my computers so I decided to get brave and install Mint on the wife's computer and BAM. I could not install the Samsung ML-2525 printer. At first it looked like it installed but it would not print. So I pulled it out and went and down loaded the Samsung unified driver, I use this on Ubuntu and I installed the ML-2525W driver and it did not work either. So I went to this and other forums and read that some others were having the same problems but everything that was recommended did not work. So my fix was to pull everything out and install the Samsung driver and reboot and then install the ML191x-252x-s... driver though the add printer button and whamo.. It worked and still works. I have both drivers in there and the ML-2525 driver is set as default but I just print to the ML191x-252x-s... driver and it works every time. Hope other can use this information to figure out a true fix.

Happy Hunting! TDI-Geek
TDI-Geek
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Printers & Scanners