print job canceled

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dart2163

print job canceled

Post by Dart2163 »

My Epson 3250 works fine through the wifi router when I boot Windows. In Mint, the computer finds and adds the printer - but then everything I send to it is automatically cancelled. I.e. I press print for a writer document and immediately a notification pops up "printing caneled "untitled1 on WF - 3520 Series "
In CUPS, it couldn't even find the printer. But after adding it the other way it does show up in CUPS. From there when I send a test page I get Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-pdf-banner"

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
krustybaguette
Level 3
Level 3

Re: print job canceled

Post by krustybaguette »

From your post it seems that you are dual booting Windows and Linux. I did that for quite a while until I decided to try virtualization. I've been running Win7 as a guest system under Linux Mint 13 for quite a while now. After my purchase yesterday of the WF-3540 at local Staples I was debating returning it based on reading a lot of information about the difficulty of getting all functions working under Linux. However, I've decided to go ahead and install it in Windows and Linux. If the Linux install is less than perfect I should have little difficulty in printing whatever I need from Windows and the advantage of the virtualization option is that no rebooting is needed and all files are available from either OS.

If you're unfamiliar with virtualization read up on Virtual Box, VMWare. My choice is VBox, but many like VMWare.

I was thinking about getting an HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro for just $10 more than I paid for the Epson, but the cost of inkjet cartridges is much higher for the HP ink and I'm not keen on aftermarket or DIY inkjet cartridges after a number of mixed results in the past.

krustybaguette

Return to “Printers & Scanners”