Canon MX455

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
breack

Canon MX455

Post by breack »

Hi!

I have a printer Canon Mx455 and i can't install it because i can't find the correct drivers.I'm using Linux Mint 16. I tried the install it with Mx430 drivers and Mx510 but is doesn't work. Any solution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
breack

Re: Canon MX455

Post by breack »

Hi again,

Thanks for the answer but I still have the problem. I'm a newbie in this, meaning I need a better explanation.

I'm trying to install the printer via wi-fi. I read some forums about printers in linux and i did the next steps:

1. system-config-printer
2. seeing the printer on the network I tried to install it but the drivers for my printer weren't there.
3. I checked the page to download it, I downloaded with the extension "deb.tar.gz" so I searched on the Internet how can I install this and i found the command with "sudo alien....." to transform the package in ".deb"
4. I installed the package ".deb" and .... it doesn't work, the printer doesn't have the drivers.

If the message is too silly sorry but I need some help.

Thank You!

Return to “Printers & Scanners”