Epson Scanner Driver required.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crackington

Epson Scanner Driver required.

Post by Crackington »

Is there a driver for my Epson Scanner 'Perfection V330 Photo' I can download.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Epson Scanner Driver required.

Post by pdc_2 »

If you go here

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX (Epson Download Centre)

and enter V330

it takes you to here

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 9f45c5534d

when you click ACCEPT you are offered a list of files:

this page (FAQ)

http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux ... 00002.html

will tell you to install the DATA PACKAGE first ie iscan-data_1.26.0-1_all.deb

then you need to work out if you have 32bit or 64bit Mint: and you will need either iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_i386.deb or iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb .......... please notice the 7 in the title: it is for newer systems

(the instructions on the FAQ page above will tell you this)

so installation order is: Normal model : [data package] > [core package]

when you click to download, if you take the open with gdebi installer option, it will install the packages for you when you enter your sudo password
Crackington

Post by Crackington »

Thanks again all up and running
wingedearth
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wingedearth »

Please help. I can't get my Epson scanner to work. My simple scan and xsane don't detect m Epson Workforce 615. I tried installing this package: iscan_2.29.3-2_amd64.deb and I believe the installation worked, but still no luck. Since the installation, I can find "Image Scan!" in my menu, but it won't load when I click on it. Any ideas?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

this seems rather an orphan device; I can't find it on SANE: I can't find it referenced on Epson; all very strange as Epson seem very good
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Here are some resource pages:
indeed; indeed;

but from here http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON you get
WorkForce 610 Series USB 0x04b8/0x0855 Unsupported
and http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/har ... owa.5.html does not mention the 615, sadly
Oldfiddler
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oldfiddler »

Having played with Mint 15 on an old laptop for some months, I finally took the plunge this week and put Mint 16 64-bit Cinnamon on my main PC. Things have gone well and I've even got connection to an old Brother printer and a Canon Ixus camera. However, I just can't get my relatively recent Epson Perfection V370 Photo scanner to come to the party.

I have downloaded from the Epson site: iscan-data_1.27.0-1_all.deb; iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb; and the plug-in mentioned on some discussion boards: esci-interpreter-gt-f720_0.1.1-2_amd64.deb. These have all been installed (in this order) using Software Manager. I have also installed XSane. So I now have available Image Scan, Simple Scan and XSane, none of which can find the scanner.

Have I missed something, or am I just unlucky that the drivers haven't yet caught up with the V370?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi oldfiddler: I guess you check that usb port; and maybe see if other ports are any different?

here is an ubuntu thread from last year:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2108555&page=2

for some it works well; for others, it does not; if I leave it with you to read through; things like: don't use a usb3 port;

paste some commands into a terminal
sane-find-scanner
scanimage -L
sudo sane-find-scanner
sudo scanimage -L
Oldfiddler
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oldfiddler »

Hello pdc_2 and thanks for the suggestions. I think we have made some progress but I'm still in need of advice. The results of the first input you proposed were:

Code: Select all

john@john-EP35-DS3R ~ $ sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x014a [EPSON Perfection V37/V370]) at libusb:002:003
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0002 at 002:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 008:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 007:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 006:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0002 at 001:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x04f9/0x0007 at 005:002: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 005:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 004:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
could not open USB device 0x1d6b/0x0001 at 003:001: Access denied (insufficient permissions)
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
  # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.
john@john-EP35-DS3R ~ $
I input all I could find on SCSI in Synaptic Package Manager, but it hasn't made a difference and frankly I don't know what I'm doing. It is reassuring that the system seems to be seeing the scanner but can you please give advice on what else I now need to do?
Last edited by Pilosopong Tasyo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please enclose program code and terminal output in [code]...[/code] tags to preserve any formatting, improve readability, and to prevent unnecessary scrolling. Thanks.
Oldfiddler
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oldfiddler »

Hi again, pdc_2,

Scrub the reply just a few minutes ago! I had a closer look at the link you gave me and realised that I hadn't downloaded the V370- specific plug-in which I must have totally missed yesterday. I was probably fixated on the esci-interpreter thing that other threads had mentioned. I've now installed the V370 plug-in and XSane brings up the scanning window without any bother. Many thanks indeed!!! :D
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

that's great;

thanks for telling us what you did to get it all working; it helps us all

glad all is working .................. enjoy!!

Return to “Printers & Scanners”