Epson All-In-One XP-200 scanner not found

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamphil
Level 3
Level 3

Epson All-In-One XP-200 scanner not found

Post by iamphil »

I've got the printer working with no problem. It copies just fine. But the scanner is giving me hell. I try to install the Iscan software from the Epson website, I get "Error: Dependency is not satisfable : iscan-data". I've removed iscan and tried reinstalling it, but same problem. In my google travels I saw something about the scanner not being seen by Mint. When I go to menu>Graphics>SimpleScan I get "No Scanner Detected". It's the same unit as the working printer, so why won't the drivers install?

Any help very much appreciated. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Epson All-In-One XP-200 scanner not found

Post by jimallyn »

I searched for your printer/scanner here, and there are 4 different drivers available for your printer, including scanner drivers.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
iamphil
Level 3
Level 3

Post by iamphil »

Yep, that is where I downloaded the drivers. They wouldn't install giving the above "Dependency" error.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi Phil

Epson do say http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux ... 00002.html to always install the DATA package first: was that what you did?

so the order is

1) iscan-data_1.30.0-1_all.deb

2) iscan_2.30.0-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_i386.deb or iscan_2.30.0-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_amd64.deb (depending on whether one has 32bit or 64bit)

3) iscan-network-nt_1.1.1-1_amd64.deb (or 32bit version)
iamphil
Level 3
Level 3

Post by iamphil »

I'm sure that is how I did it, but tried again. This time it worked. I can now scan. Thank you very much! :D
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

great! enjoy!
westea49

Post by westea49 »

I have a similar problem with an Epson Perfection V500. I finally got the drivers to load (from Epson site that was mention in previous posts) but Simple Scan and Xsane still say no device found. I type in lsusb is shows the following:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04b8:0130 Seiko Epson Corp. GT-X770 [Perfection V500]

which implies that the driver is loaded??? So why can the programs not find it. One of the Help suggestions said I might have to run in ROOT. I tried that but it still fails. While I have some experience with Linux most hardware issues I left to my IT people so?? I am retired so I guess I have to be the "administrator" now.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

I have a similar problem with an Epson Perfection V500

Post by pdc_2 »

I have a similar problem with an Epson Perfection V500.
Hi westea;

welcome to the Mint forums

can I suggest you start a new post: the title of this thread is the XP-200 and it is listed as solved; so it helps to keep these things separate;

just copy and paste and start a new thread for simplicity ............
westea49

Post by westea49 »

Probably should just delete my post. The problem I had with my scanner was a "newbie" mistake in installing the Epson drivers. My V500 works fine now with "Image Scan for Linux". I am having issue with Simple scan and Xsane but I will post that in the software sections. Installing the drivers correctly and changing the epson.conf for my scanner fix everything. Not sure it is worth posting.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

well done; you have done really well sorting all that out: done like a real pro!

Return to “Printers & Scanners”