Problems with Epson WP-4530 printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BlunderingNinja

Problems with Epson WP-4530 printer

Post by BlunderingNinja »

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Epson's site for the this printer, and for the most part, it prints great. However, I am having a problem when using non-letter sized paper.

The bypass tray shrinks to smaller sizes when using smaller media, an envelope for example, and it physically centers the media in relation to the printer. The problem seems to be that when printing, it doesn't recognize that the printer physically centers the paper in relation to the printer and as a result, the printing is misaligned on the paper. It is almost like the driver expects the media to be aligned with the right edge of the printer and not the center.

Has anyone successfully used this printer for media other than letter size? Is there anything I can do to try to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Wayne
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Problems with Epson WP-4530 printer

Post by Kalyk »

Under Administration-Printers you rightclick the printer, select properties and then printer options.
There you can change the paper size.
Did you try changing it both there and in the program you print from?
It shouldn't be necessary but for troubleshooting purposes you could try that.
Also: are you sure the problem is not the printer that still thinks it has letter-size paper only?
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”