Shared printer with funky behaviour - Shared HP PSC2440

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thierry-k
Level 1
Level 1

Shared printer with funky behaviour - Shared HP PSC2440

Post by thierry-k »

I shared a printer (HP PSC2440) that is linked via USB to a Mint computer. So far so good, the printer is recognized as shared on another computer with Mint as well.

The funky part is when I print from the distant computer. The first page comes up perfect but the second page is printed upside down, third page normal, fourth page upside down, and so on. Then when the job is finished, the printer loads a paper as it would start a new job, but then freezes there, and from this point, impossible to print something. Even by cancelling or deleting the job via the USB connected computer. The printer has to be restarted. It's pretty inconvevient.

When printing the same file from the USB connected computer, there is no problem, the pages are printed with correct direction and no "false new job" at the end of the job.

I noticed something wired too. On the distant computer, I get two identical printers (apart from the desciption, which indicates this is the one from an old attempt to install the printer) on the printing window when printing something. But on the "Printers - Localhost" (from the control center), there is only one. Same on the USB connected PC, there is only one.

If someone has a clue how I can solve this, I'd be very grateful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kalyk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Shared printer with funky behaviour - Shared HP PSC2440

Post by Kalyk »

Sounds like a wrong installation option.
I think on the remote computer you have chosen the option that the printer has a duplexer installed.
This would both explain the turn around of each second page and in case of an odd number of pages the last page being stuck.
Add (Solved) to the topic-title of the first post when appropriate so others know they might find a solution here.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”