Canon PIXMA MG3150 printouts shifted downwards

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dumetrulo

Canon PIXMA MG3150 printouts shifted downwards

Post by dumetrulo »

Hello,

I run Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit, and it automatically recognized my Canon PIXMA MG3150 on the network. The driver that CUPS suggests works but has one flaw: the printout is shifted downwards on the paper. In the default setting the printers has nonprintable borders of about 12.5pt on all four sides, and instead of beginning at the top of the page and being cropped by these 12.5pt, the printout begins below the 12.5pt margin, and is thus shifted downwards by these 12.5pt.

I can print to PDF, and adjust the PDF using the following command:

Code: Select all

gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o outfile.pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -c '<</PageOffset[0 12.5]>> setpagedevice' -f infile.pdf
This works, and the processed PDF is then printed at the correct position. However, this is very cumbersome.

How can I modify the printer so that printouts are always printed without being shifted downwards?

I could download and install the driver Canon provides on their website; I know that it works correctly but downloading and installing extra packages is something I would like to avoid, if possibe.

Thanks for any pointers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Canon PIXMA MG3150 printouts shifted downwards

Post by pdc_2 »

I would suggest a quick solution is to install the Canon drivers; can I offer you some guidance on doing that?
dumetrulo

Re: Canon PIXMA MG3150 printouts shifted downwards

Post by dumetrulo »

pdc_2 wrote:I would suggest a quick solution is to install the Canon drivers
I would like to avoid installing the drivers from the Canon website unless there is no other way.
pdc_2 wrote:can I offer you some guidance on doing that?
Thanks for the offer but I have installed them before, and know how it is done.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”