Canon MP970 holds print jobs

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
OudDingen

Canon MP970 holds print jobs

Post by OudDingen »

I am a newbie to Linux and am having difficulty getting my Canon MP970 printer to work. It is attached to my Belkin router by ethernet cable, and I trying to access it from my HP G60-243CL laptop running Linus Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 32 bit. After installing CUPS-backend-BJNP v. 1.2-1, I was able to find the printer and install the drivers from the CUPS 1.7.2 site, which shows the drivers as "CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.10-pre2. When I send a test page, it shows it processing and then gives a message that rendering is complete, but the test page shows up as held in the print queue. When I try to release it, it shows processing but just goes back to held instead of printing. I am attaching the troubleshooting file, and hope someone can help me figure out how to get it working right.
MP970 troubleshoot.pdf
A footnote on this issue. I found that I am able to scan using the Simple Scan program, so there evidently is no problem communicating with the printer over the network. I also am able to print if I connect the laptop directly to the printer by USB. I Hope someone can offer a clue to this conundrum.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mrappe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Canon MP970 holds print jobs

Post by mrappe »

I am having the exact same problem. I also have the Cannon MP970 printer. It show up when i search for network printers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this? i have not found any doing a web search.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to “Printers & Scanners”