hp colour printer always prints 2 copies!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drimago

hp colour printer always prints 2 copies!

Post by drimago »

I have encountered a weird problem with a HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn on latest Linux Mint (clean install!): it always prints 2 copies! No idea why. I had exactly the same problem on Ubuntu 14.10 (asked the question on their forum and it was marked as off-topic...) so here are some details:

Where I work we have a network colour printer HP LaserJet 400 color M451dn and every time I want to send a document to print, I end up with two copies. No matter what I send or where I am sending it from (LibreOffice, pdf reader (Okular), any other file). My issue is similar to the one here 24881 The difference is that it happens for every document not just the ones from an office environment.

This isn't really a problem but an annoyance and a waste of paper and toner. So has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have a solution?

I have installed the printer without a problem with the printer manager. I have checked the system settings to see if there is a rogue setting there but there is none. Also I have access to the web interface of the printer and I have checked there too, but there are no problem there either.

I would very much appreciate some new suggestions! I don't know how to diagnose this problem by myself.

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”