Epson Stylus NX420 Draft Mode Option Missing LM17.1

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
princeinflorida
Level 2
Level 2

Epson Stylus NX420 Draft Mode Option Missing LM17.1

Post by princeinflorida »

My 64 bit LM17.1 desktop installation recognized and installed the native driver for my NX420. I was very pleased to see many, many print options regarding resolution and paper types and sizes. However, when I printed the test page, the printing was significantly misaligned as discussed in another thread on this forum. So I deleted it.

Also, SimpleScan did not see the scanner out of the box.

On http://www.epson.com I found a collection of printer drivers and a scanner driver.
SimpleScan now works fine now with the driver from the Epson site.
The printer driver works great too with very high quality printing, but only with two options on resolution, one for plain paper and one for glossy paper.

The one for plain paper is 300X300 which I cannot change and deposits too much ink for ordinary printing. So what I want is a DraftMode, say 150X150 with less ink deposit. Right now, it is too visible on the reverse side of the paper.

The Epson link offers three or so driver versions and I tried them all. But still there is no DraftMode.

I have minimized my ink cost by getting refillable ink reservoirs (cartridges) but the heavy inking is annoying with its bleed-thru.
The stock Epson reservoirs have a chip that deactivates the reservoir, so refilling is defeated, hence the need to get the aftermarket re-fill-able ones or a comparatively expensive chip re-setter.

Has anyone found a way of getting the DraftMode type of resolution on this printer?

SystemConfigPrinter does present an OptionsDialogBox for more printer options. Code anyone?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”