Little Help Choosing Linux Version-Brother DS-170D Install

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tanker001
Level 1
Level 1

Little Help Choosing Linux Version-Brother DS-170D Install

Post by tanker001 »

Hi all, noob question here, I gave up on trying to get my Neat scanner to work. Sooooo...

I purchased a Brother DS-720D scanner in part because the Brother website has some form of support for Linux (many have none). I was able to download the driver from this page and install it without problems. It's step 5 on the previous page that I have a question about. The link "Use your usb-connectrd scanner by a normal user" leads to a page that requires that I know what version of Linux is being run. In some cases there is additional package that needs to be installed. I know from the Linux Mint web site it's based on Debian and Ubuntu, but I don't know what the closest version on this page would be a best fit for my version of Mint.

I tried to poke around to find if there was a reference to the version(s) of Debian and/or Ubuntu Mint was based on but only found the All Setting / System Information. It only referred the kernel.

Can someone please take a look and see which link (version) I should follow to continue the install for my version of Linux Mint?

Operating System: Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit
Cinnamon Version: 2.4.8

Thanks in advance,
Stan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
srq2625

Re: Little Help Choosing Linux Version-Brother DS-170D Insta

Post by srq2625 »

Per this page ==> http://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php, it's Ubuntu Trusty Tahr which, in turn, is Ubuntu 14.04.
tanker001
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Little Help Choosing Linux Version-Brother DS-170D Insta

Post by tanker001 »

Thanks, I didn't know what "Trusty" translated to :oops: :D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”