sudo cp -a /etc/cups/printers.conf /etc/cups/printers.conf.bak
sudo service cups stop
gksu gedit /etc/cups/printers.conf
sudo service cups start
Jodie wrote:OH MY GOD! YOU ROCK!
I went to the xp machine and changed the printer name to EpsonStylusCX4800 (it previously had spaces) and made sure the name on the linux machine was the same (tried doing it the other way around but linux wouldn't accept spaces) and VOILA!
Thanks sooo much!
...now I'll tackle the wireless internet problem...
I noticed that when I used the find printer on network it found it, however under the settings menu for the printer properties Mint had inserted this name: Brother20HL-1440.
Binary package hint: system-config-printer
When I have printer available as a samba share, and the name of this printer has space (eg. "HP 1018"), after finding it in share browser, aplet wrongly replate space to "20" (instead to "%20" afaik), and printer is no accesible.
When I try to add % to uri by myself it's not possible using aplet, but when I have add this char directly in /etc/cups/printers.conf printer start to work.
package version: 1.3.1+20110222-0ubuntu12
Ubuntu version: 11.04
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests