Hp laserjet 6p (solved)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jeriel05

Hp laserjet 6p (solved)

Post by jeriel05 »

I am new to linux and I'm running into a issue with my old hp laserjet 6p printer. The printer is recognized by the system but when I go to print I get a page with some wording on top (its not what I selected to print) then blank pages keep coming out nonstop until I manually stop the printer, it never prints what I would like it too. The printer was previously being used on a windows xp computer and was working fine. I would really appreciate some guidance on this issue, I really like linux and want to continue to be a future user.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Hp laserjet 6p

Post by SiKing »

jeriel05

Re: Hp laserjet 6p

Post by jeriel05 »

Thanks for the Quick reply. I Got the issue resolved thanks to the site you pointed me to. The problem was that I was using a parallel port to usb adapter and the driver was not usb compatible with this printer. Thank you!
differential

Re: Hp laserjet 6p (solved)

Post by differential »

Are you able to be more specific about what you did? I have just realised that the computer I loaded LM 11 onto has no parallel port and my main printer is an HP 4Plus. I have a usb to parallel port converter but still need to make it go.

Thanks
differential

Re: Hp laserjet 6p (solved)

Post by differential »

HP Laserjet 4 Plus Solved

I managed to configure it using CUPS. Mint recognised the printer on usb and then I was able to set it up in CUPS. I have found that the CUPS + Gutenprint driver works best. http://forums.linuxmint.com/posting.php ... 51&t=85252#

Return to “Printers & Scanners”