Canon Pixma MX410 Can't Print while Scangear is Open

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
omegaham

Canon Pixma MX410 Can't Print while Scangear is Open

Post by omegaham »

Hello, just switched from Ubuntu and am having some problems with streamlining my scanning process.

I downloaded the drivers from Canon's site and used the Debian version to install them. I can both print and scan... just not at the same time. If I want to print, then I have to close out Scangear... which is a real pain because it doesn't save my settings.

It's hooked up via USB, not wireless. I was able to get it to work on Ubuntu, so I know it's possible.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: A few clarifications.

When I print with Scangear open, it gives the Printing... message at the top right of the screen, and then just sits there. It then sits there until I close out Scangear, at which point it magically says "Printing Complete" and prints the document. Is it the USB that's the problem? I'm confused as to what's going on.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cr4321

Re: Canon Pixma MX410 Can't Print while Scangear is Open

Post by cr4321 »

Sorry, not a solution to your problem, but I am facing the same problem with Canon E500 printer/scanner

Downloaded deb drivers from Canon site, I am able to print in Ubuntu - but not working in Linux Mint.

If any solution is found - please post it here - since the solution could be similar.

Thanks and regards
----------------------------------------------------
omegaham

Re: Canon Pixma MX410 Can't Print while Scangear is Open

Post by omegaham »

cr4321 wrote:Sorry, not a solution to your problem, but I am facing the same problem with Canon E500 printer/scanner

Downloaded deb drivers from Canon site, I am able to print in Ubuntu - but not working in Linux Mint.

If any solution is found - please post it here - since the solution could be similar.

Thanks and regards
----------------------------------------------------
And you had me so excited, too... :D

Are you completely unable to print? I had this problem when I first switched over to Mint (I'm also just switching over from Ubuntu). Here's what I did:

1. Unplug your printer completely.
2. Open CUPS. You do this by opening your browser and typing http://localhost:631/printers/
3. Click Administration, then Manage Printers.
4. Click the Canon E500 printer.
5. Go to Administration and select "Delete Printer."
6. Exit out of CUPS.
7. Turn your printer on, wait for it to warm up, and plug it back in. Mint should attempt to install the drivers itself.

If this doesn't work, you may have to compile and run the driver from source. This isn't actually that difficult; just make sure you have the dependencies. Tell me how it turns out!

Return to “Printers & Scanners”