Printing Issue LM12 KDE (2nd Cry for Help!)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cybertek

Printing Issue LM12 KDE (2nd Cry for Help!)

Post by Cybertek »

I have posted this once before, still no resolution. Here is the issue again in hopes that someone may shed some insight as to just what is going on.

I am running LM12 Gnome on an Older HP Desktop and I have a Brother MFC 420CN printer networked in a windows Network. Samba is up and running, I can see and access the Windows machines, and viceversa. I can print from the LM12 Gnome just fine. I have installed LM12 KDE on an exact clone of the other HP, they are identical. I have used the exact same install procedures for the KDE that I used on the Gnome edition. I cannot print from the KDE desktop. The print manager/cups/ and everything else lineds up just fine, just won't print. No errors, no nothing, print job goes to the queue where it remains doing nothing. My earlier post had a screen shot from the Cups site of the printing result, it was not really an error, but more of a summary of what happened.

I hope someone happens upon this cry for help, and can help me figure this out. Thanks for your time, SALUTE!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Printing Issue LM12 KDE (2nd Cry for Help!)

Post by Oscar799 »

In future it would be better to bump your original post if you had not received an answer after 3 or 4 days
Multiple questions from the same person about the same issue only causes confusion
I have deleted your original post

Return to “Printers & Scanners”