No administration menu

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wallaceowen

No administration menu

Post by wallaceowen »

I've installed LM 12, and in the 'classic gnome no fancy stuff' window manager, the Administration submenu does not appear.

I'm trying to install a printer, and can't find any of the usual administrative tools.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

// Wally
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wallaceowen

No administration menu

Post by wallaceowen »

I've got Mint 12, and using gnome classic, I get no Administration or System menu.
How do I (for exaqmple) add a printer?
DrHu

Re: No administration menu

Post by DrHu »

I don't know, however a standard way of installing a printer is via CUPS own browser admin menu..

localhost:631
127.0.0.1:631
  • port 631 is the CUPS admin entry port to get their web/browser based setup
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/htm ... gllhj.html
--you can see what the web page looks like, and the other information priovided may also be of some help to you, when setting up your printer..

As long as you have CUPS running, and installed correctly, that would be all you need to get a printer working
--and presuming that your printer is supported in Linux via CUPS or some other method, such as HP, which proivide their own hplips control system for their brand of printers..
grizzler

Post by grizzler »

When I switched to Gnome Classic (Fallback Mode) I put the 'Main Menu' on the panel (1) and found Administration and Preferences menus as submenus of the System Tools menu (not sure about the exact wording - I don't use the English language version) in the main menu. There is also a System Settings entry, both beneath the username in the main menu and in the menu under the username on the panel. System Settings has a Printers item.

(1) I just put the Applications/Locations menu back on the panel to check, and the submenus of System Tools are there as well.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Working from memory, not an installed system, but can't you click your username in the upper right and select system settings or preferences?
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Dual post?? I responded to your other thread.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[topics merged- please don't double post, won't get you faster answers (can actually be contra-productive) and loads the board with unnecessary noise]

Return to “Printers & Scanners”