3G USB UMTS Modem Compiling

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

3G USB UMTS Modem Compiling

Postby ashfaq on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am

I have a 3G usb Modem Micromax MMX353. In this forum I was advised to use 'Saki's #G script to get connected. Well the script really worked, but on every boot it was compulsary to call up the script and go through various dialogues. I decided to go for a custom kernel, so that I will have this driver compiled in my kernel itself. In the usb section of menuconfig I said to all possible links which will have my modem connection possible. in the end the new custom kernel did boot but the result is same, I still need to use the script.

Will someone help me how to compile a specific module for this modem, and load into the kernel, as I assume this is what the 'Sakis' script is doing. And make this permanent in my kernel. As of now I am connected via Sakis script and when I use the following commands related to usb this is the info:
ashfaq@ashfaq-System-Product-Name ~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1c9e:9605 OMEGA TECHNOLOGY
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
lspci
00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
lsmod
usb_wwan 9452 1 option

I hope someone will help me out with a permanent solution, and I will also learn to compile the modules, for specific situations like this. Thanking you all in advance.
ashfaq
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Wireless