3G USB UMTS Modem Compiling

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

3G USB UMTS Modem Compiling

Postby ashfaq on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am

I have a 3G usb Modem Micromax MMX353. In this forum I was advised to use 'Saki's #G script to get connected. Well the script really worked, but on every boot it was compulsary to call up the script and go through various dialogues. I decided to go for a custom kernel, so that I will have this driver compiled in my kernel itself. In the usb section of menuconfig I said to all possible links which will have my modem connection possible. in the end the new custom kernel did boot but the result is same, I still need to use the script.

Will someone help me how to compile a specific module for this modem, and load into the kernel, as I assume this is what the 'Sakis' script is doing. And make this permanent in my kernel. As of now I am connected via Sakis script and when I use the following commands related to usb this is the info:
ashfaq@ashfaq-System-Product-Name ~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 1c9e:9605 OMEGA TECHNOLOGY
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
lspci
00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a2)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
lsmod
usb_wwan 9452 1 option

I hope someone will help me out with a permanent solution, and I will also learn to compile the modules, for specific situations like this. Thanking you all in advance.
ashfaq
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Wireless