Linux Nadia - Telstra.Bigpond USB wireless stick

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shalou

Linux Nadia - Telstra.Bigpond USB wireless stick

Post by shalou »

Laptop: HP Compaq 6710b
USB Sierra 4g Wireless stick - Telstra Bigpond
Linux Mint: Nadia

I have been trying to get this usb stick connected by following the various instructions within the site.forum and Google searches but to no avail. When plugging in usb it is recognised by system, get blue light on bottom and green flashing. Have built a wireless network connection following instructions, as follows:

Basic
Number: *99#
Username: my username@bigpond.com
Password: my.password
Advanced
APN: telstra.bigpond
Network ID: <Leave BLANK>
Type: Any
Allow roaming if home network not available: CHECKED
PIN: <Leave BLANK>

The "PPP Settings" Tab has the following settings
Allowed Methods: CHAP (you have to click the configure methods button and uncheck all the others)
Use point-to-point encryption (MPPE) UNCHECKED
Allow BSD data compression CHECKED
Allow Deflate data compression CHECKED
Use TCP header compression CHECKED
Send PPP echo packets UNCHECKED

The "IPv4 Settings" Tab is set to Automatic

When I plug the stick in and it is recognised, I then click red x bottom right and select "Telstra Bigpond", what I have called the connection - it spins as if connection but then states Modem disconnected. So no joy, can anyone tell me what I am missing? Spent hours on the phone with Telstra, but they had no idea. And think I have tried just about everything on the web that I have seen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cyberalex4life

Re: Linux Nadia - Telstra.Bigpond USB wireless stick

Post by cyberalex4life »

I could only use my usb modem after a restart with the modem on

Return to “Networking”