RaLink RT3290 will not work

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
michaeljwjr

RaLink RT3290 will not work

Post by michaeljwjr »

I've got the drivers "installed" it was one hell of a process for that to even work, and my wireless card can connect to my local router. But the moment I do anything that requires the use of the connection (ie web browswer, or terminal) computer locks up.

I can tether just fine, and use ethernet just fine, just wireless doesn't work for crap.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rei

Re: RaLink RT3290 will not work

Post by rei »

Same problem here, computer locks up after loading web pages or streaming videos.
It happens on 3.6x kernels and seems to be working fine on 3.2x

In both cases dmesg is flooded with "RT3290_AsicTxAlcGetAutoAgcOffset: Incorrect desired TSSI or current TSSI"
I don't know whether this is related to the lock up problem.

I have HP ProBook 4545s
Ralink 3290 wifi
upcycler

Post by upcycler »

michaeljwjr wrote:I've got the drivers "installed" it was one hell of a process for that to even work, and my wireless card can connect to my local router. But the moment I do anything that requires the use of the connection (ie web browswer, or terminal) computer locks up.
Same here. HP Pavilion g7 Notebook, Ranlink RT3290 Wi-Fi, computer locks up or crashes if I try to use the connection.
upcycler

Post by upcycler »

Correct driver is in the newer kernel versions, I used this update from upubuntu to install 3.7.6, it was very simple and the wireless now works: http://www.upubuntu.com/2013/02/install ... 76-in.html .
Suncoaster
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Suncoaster »

I have just upgraded the kernel as listed in the previous post and my RT3290 device is now listed but states firmware is missing. How do I load the firmware, or where do I get the firmware.

Return to “Networking”