My first post here, hope it's helpfull.
Here is the easiest way to install the drivers for USB WiFi dongles with RT2870 chipset:
1. Download this .zip archive: http://www.asus.com/Networking/USBN13/# ... ownload_30 - The first file USB-N13 driver. The file is named "Dr_Win2K_XP_2003_Vista_Win7zip.zip".
2. Unzip it enywhere you like on the hard drive.
3. From "Administration" group open "Windows Wireless Drivers".
4. Select "Install New Driver".
5. Navigate to the extracted drivers. Here I've selected Win7 64bit drivers, because I'm on 64bit LM14.
6. Install the driver.
May show any message that something is not correct... But it works.
And system says it is rt2800usb device - I don't care, if it's working fine.
I've found it while I was starting the live cd, to take a look at this OS, but read so many threads with problems with this wireless chipset... And was so happy, when this solution worked
This is my first Linux...
For now I'll keep my Win7 on the PC...