Atheros ath9k WiFi not working on resume from suspend

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sam_w

Atheros ath9k WiFi not working on resume from suspend

Post by sam_w »

I'm using Linux Mint 14 on a Novatech N1408 laptop which has an Atheros network card and uses the ath9k driver. WiFi works fine apart from resuming the laptop from being suspended, at which point I am unable to get WiFi working again until I've rebooted. It still seems to work if I hibernate the laptop, just not if I suspend it.

I have tried a few different things that I have seen suggested, including having a script with "sudo modprobe-r ath9k" before suspension and then "sudo modprobe ath9k" on resume, but this does not bring the connection back for me, neither does entering it manually into the terminal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
itowill

Re: Atheros ath9k WiFi not working on resume from suspend

Post by itowill »

Hey I had similar problem on my
acer laptop and the wifi light wouldnt turn on no matter if I Fn +f3. Being a noob I goggled
several things and looked in this forum and found nothing that helped. eventually
trying ndiswrapper command to install the driver didnt help . eventually tried running mintwifi
from terminal. That showed me a list of network connected devices wired/wireless. and suggested
I type reload smbd . After that my wifi showed up again. I dont know why.but it worked try that.

Will. Let me know if you were successful and perhaps someone on here can explain why it works
and why mintwifi isnt listed as basic command or at least not anywhere in help document.
would love a nice guide to using terminal and understanding things like main, universal that it says after certain mistyped commnds

Return to “Networking”