No internet connection while connected to the my wlan

Questions about WIFI networks and devices
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

No internet connection while connected to the my wlan

Postby andimint on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:17 am

Hallo everybody.

On the bottom line of my Linux mint 13 (mate desktop) my internet icon for wlan shows very good connection to my wlan as usual.
But acctually I do not have access to the internet. E.g. Firefox, Thunderbird do not work and also the dropbox item (also in the bottom line/status bar) doesn't show that green circle-point on startup (as a sign of synchronising), so this is not a problem of a certain application within my system.

I think the problem appeared after doing a usual update via the update manager but I'm not 100% sure about that. Besides updates for steam and Firefox i was suggested to intsall mintupload and mintdesktop (priority 1) so maybe this has something to do with my problem. Deleting those installements via apt-manager didn't solve anything.

So right now I really don t know what to do. My wlan definitly works well as I'm posting this with my friends laptop within the same wlan.

I hope someone can help, many thanks!

Edit: The problem arises also with my wired ethernet connection. The status bar shows a symbol that I am connected, but actually I am offline...
andimint
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: No internet connection while connected to the my wlan

Postby andimint on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Problem solved: I installed wicd, than installed network-manager again (which was removed at the beginning). And finally I removed wicd from the autostart apps.
Reboot, everything fine.
andimint
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Wireless