wifi tethering

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glennbtn

wifi tethering

Post by glennbtn »

Hi All

I am running Mint 14 and wanted to setup tethering on wifi. We are going away shortly and where we will be is only allowing us 1 internet connection via wifi which I want to connect the laptop. What I then wanted to do was possibly connect the phone on wifi via the laptop to I can update and transfer pics etc as don't want to use a cable.

I did see a YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJpFKdzH30 which showed setting up as a hotspot but my network pages do not look the same or have this option.

Can anyone help her

Thanks

Glenn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
olderunner

Re: wifi tethering

Post by olderunner »

If the phone is having trouble enabling wifi then download EasyTether and use a usb cable to access the Internet. My phone is wifi capable but the service provider disabled it and I would have to root the phone to enable it. EasyTether works great...

Return to “Networking”