Orange broadband in Kenya - how do i set up?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mnjoben

Orange broadband in Kenya - how do i set up?

Post by mnjoben »

I recently set up for a colleague a broadband wireless in less than 1 minute using the network wizard. When i wanted to set up my Huawei EC226, from Orange, it became mission impossible, because mint doesn't realize that there is an extra broadband Service in Kenya called Orange, and doesnt provide for adding the provider manually. My question is, is there a way out or i just forget about making this thing work in mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Orange broadband in Kenya - how do i set up?

Post by Husse »

There is a way to do it I think, but I can't remember how it's done more than you edit the list of providers
I have to check this out
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

So when you say
I recently set up for a colleague a broadband wireless in less than 1 minute using the network wizard.
was that with Mint? ............ the reason I ask is that if it was, hopefully you can configure quickly to Orange too;

when I google for the APN settings for Orange Kenya, I find this

http://superkeen.com/peacecorpsweblog/k ... ne-tricks/

and it seems the APN settings are
wap.orange.co.ke
so if you were to set up a configuration for another provider, using the Wizard that Mint has;

... and you seem to know how to do .............

then if you select
EDIT
and just change the name of the setup to Orange Kenya or whatever pleases you; and the crucial APN settings to the above, hopefully you might get a connection

from a google search, the EC226 just looks like a re-badged E220 which I find is just very reliable and very configurable
Husse

Post by Husse »

pdc_2 is right - thanks for the help (had forgotten that - don't use 3g)
I hope I don't have to do anything now, but don't hesitate to post back here if you need help

Return to “Networking”