Broadcom bcm4306 help

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Secindanthem

Broadcom bcm4306 help

Post by Secindanthem »

I am fairly new to Linux and I've been looking around on my own for a few days and I have ndiswrapper ( I don't really get how to use it, I'm also really bad at using linux along with being new to it. Along wiht that I've downloaded the proprietary driver of bc43 that it provided when I typed run command by right-clicking on the desktop, but my wireless card still seems to not be finding any internet connection. The broadcom card only shows up in the list when I have an external wireless card plugged into it but when I remove the external card the broadcom card is no longer in the list. It's pretty overwhelming for me.
Help por favor?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Broadcom bcm4306 help

Post by remoulder »

We are going to need more information in order to help you, please read the forum rules in the Red bar at the top. Incidentally if you speak Spanish natively, there is a Spanish forum that might be easier.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Secindanthem

Post by Secindanthem »

I really don't comprehend the command line at all.
I'm fifteen and the only reason I'm using linux is the fact that my windows got the bluescreen and I have no cd drive to install another windows from.
I can say that I'm running linux mint 8 with KDE.
I'm not sure what other information is needed to diagnose this problem.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Secindanthem wrote:the only reason I'm using linux is the fact that my windows got the bluescreen and I have no cd drive to install another windows from.
That's not a good reason to switch to linux - linux is not a free version of Windows and you're likely to be frustrated if you think it is. Perhaps you should look at your options before you go much further?
Secindanthem wrote:I really don't comprehend the command line at all.
I'm afraid this sometimes goes part and parcel with solving problems in linux though not always essential.
Secindanthem wrote:The broadcom card only shows up in the list when I have an external wireless card plugged into it but when I remove the external card
I don't understand what you mean by this. If you have onboard wifi why are you plugging in an external one?

You are going to need to use the command line in order to provide us with the information we need to help you. Again please read the Before you post link in the Forum rules.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Networking”