Wireless Problems with AR5212 chip in Thinkpad

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
randomvector
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless Problems with AR5212 chip in Thinkpad

Post by randomvector »

I have a IBM Z60t, which I have loaded Linux Mint 9 dual booting with XP. I have been unable to get the wireless connection working on Linux Mint. It continuously asks me for the password to connect too access point but never connects. I tried using Ndiswrapper and located the driver on the Windows side (AR5211.inf) and it says hardware is present but still no luck getting a wireless connection. When i checked the hardware it says using lspci its says : "13:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)" It's been 3 days now and still I am unable to get the wireless to connect. I looked at Madwifi and downloaded the files from madwifi to my documents folder but I do not understand the instructions- I am new to linux and have little/no knowledge about making directories, compiling etc. If someone could help me out I would be grateful as I am getting so frustrated at the moment.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
baitisj

Re: Wireless Problems with AR5212 chip in Thinkpad

Post by baitisj »

Hi Randomvector:

I recently fixed a similar situation in Mint. Your computer's wireless card should work with the ath5k kernel driver. Check out my blog post about it; maybe it will help.

http://baitisj.blogspot.com/2010/05/ath ... linux.html

Return to “Networking”