Wireless connnection s10e levono

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
patferg

Wireless connnection s10e levono

Post by patferg »

Hello,

my wireless driver sees all of the wireless networks but will not connect. Our network is password encrypted but I'm sure the password is correct, i checked it a million times, and also the computer doesn't connect to open wireless networks either. I tried moving the computer closer to the signal, no luck, and the signal strength is 100 percent. I have a lenovo s10e. I saw there was a bug for the broadcam on a s10e driver but I reinstalled it, and the missing packages, and all went well (as i was connected with a lan line) and then restarted the machine but it still woulndn't connect. Any ideas? I am using mint 9 lxde, on mint 9 it worked fine but i had other problems so i upgraded. thank you

pat
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
patferg

Re: Wireless connnection s10e levono

Post by patferg »

Well i finally did it. everything installed fine but Wicd doesn't recognize any wireless networks. i haven't found anything else that helps either.
kwevej

Re: Wireless connnection s10e levono

Post by kwevej »

patferg wrote:Well i finally did it. everything installed fine but Wicd doesn't recognize any wireless networks. i haven't found anything else that helps either.
Run that in terminal and post the output here

Code: Select all

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo iwlist wlan0 scan

Return to “Networking”