About Network manager and Wireless Device

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
execellent23

About Network manager and Wireless Device

Post by execellent23 »

*Sorry if I post in wrong place

Guys.....why all linux version didn't support all 3G(GSM) or 3.5(EVDO CDMA) modem devices???

i'm from indonesia n i couldn't find Smart Telecom provider and the devices AC2726 not supported by Linux Mint.

i know google provide how to tweek this problem....but newbie mayn't understand about tweeking....

so any ideas about this problem????
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: About Network manager and Wireless Device

Post by Midnighter »

Not all providers are listed because are so many, and not all detsails known. Same for devices. Most work, but if people don't know the specs for everyhting, not much they can do, the hardware manufacturers don't always help to make their stuff work.

That said, if your provider isn't listed, find the details for it and set it up with the wizard. Your device may work anyway. Just make sure usb-modeswitch is installed, and you should be right,
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
execellent23

Re: About Network manager and Wireless Device

Post by execellent23 »

thx for your explanation...hahaha...hope linux is better and better....

Go Open Source.....

Return to “Networking”