Wireless Broadband Help.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TomKStones

Wireless Broadband Help.

Post by TomKStones »

My system was acting a-bit sluggish, So I removed some of the start up programs. Since then I haven't been able to connect to my Mobile Broadband. (I can't remember which ones I removed) :?

There's nothing wrong with the device itself.

I tried to set it up again, but it is not recognized as a device any more. Ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Erinsfan

Re: Wireless Broadband Help.

Post by Erinsfan »

Maybe pppoe or other modem apps. Have a search in Synaptic or Google with your modem make/model.

Erin
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

What version of mint are you running? What Mobile Broadband device/carrier?

Removed startup programs? Did you just stop them from auto-starting, or remove them from system? If you just disabled them, you should be able to re-enable. If not, you really shouldn't remove apps if you're not sure what they're for. But anyway, more details please. :)
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.
TomKStones

Post by TomKStones »

Midnighter wrote:What version of mint are you running? What Mobile Broadband device/carrier?

Removed startup programs? Did you just stop them from auto-starting, or remove them from system? If you just disabled them, you should be able to re-enable. If not, you really shouldn't remove apps if you're not sure what they're for. But anyway, more details please. :)
Mint 9, iiNet modem

I just removed them from startup.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

tell us what
lsusb
says when the device is plugged in; and 30 secs have elapsed;

and copy and paste back what
dmesg | grep tty
say
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

Menu>Admin>Start Up Manager, and re-enable them then. Also, iinet is your isp, but noy the model designation of your modem. For example, mine is vodafone, but a huwaie(?) K3765. Actual details should be written on it somewhere.
If you accept - and I do - that freedom of speech is important, then you are going to have to defend the indefensible. That means you are going to be defending the right of people to read, or to write, or to say, what you don't say or like or want said.

Return to “Networking”