Unable to Connect to Network After Laptop Sleeps

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scaramanga9

Unable to Connect to Network After Laptop Sleeps

Post by scaramanga9 »

I am a new LMDE user after running Ubuntu for several months. I have a problem with networking. After my laptop sleeps, the network manager frequently fails to re-connect to the wireless network. It tries to connect, but instead of connecting it repeatedly asks for WEP key every 30 seconds or so. I then turn the computer off and on, and then the network connection is made immediately. If I restart the computer instead of shutting it off, I have the same problem with being unable to connect to the network. I had this problem in Ubuntu and OpenSuse (which I tried for a couple of days) as well so the problem seems to be independent of the distribution that I am running.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have any ideas for a solution or a work-around? My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
longvnit

Re: Unable to Connect to Network After Laptop Sleeps

Post by longvnit »

I have also this problem and i resolve it by using command

Code: Select all

sudo dhclient

Return to “Networking”