Connection trouble with Mint and Huwaei 3G

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
network

Connection trouble with Mint and Huwaei 3G

Post by network »

Hi.

Got a Acer Aspire One Netbook with the latest Mint with LXDE. Have connection trouble with it to my internet provider. I use a Huwaei E220 wireless modem and this works great with every other computer I have with Windows XP and Ubuntu...

It wońt simply connect, and I have tried both the built-in connection software and the ixconn connection software for Debian, which works fine within my Ubuntu system on the big stationary computer of mine... however, no one works on this one. And yes, I have tried to change USB-cable and USB-ports several times...

Haveńt used the computer for a while now but previously it connected sometimes, but mostly not... restarts of the NC was always required but this won work either...

So, grateful for help
Thank You

Janne, Sweden
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seeley

Re: Connection trouble with Mint and Huwaei 3G

Post by seeley »

Hi Janne!
During the last years I had several USB modems - with Huawei 220 I never had a problem - but I didn't use it with other desktops than Gnome and KDE
[Ubuntu, PClinuxOS, Sabayon, openSUSE, Fedora,...and Mint]
- with Gnome it was immediately recognized and after 3 steps I was connected to the NET, with KDE I had some troubles.
Maybe my help is useful (link1).
seeley
oobetimer

Re: Connection trouble with Mint and Huwaei 3G

Post by oobetimer »

I had the same problem with Debian Squeeze, but I have made a wvdial-package-set with instructions. It is a Ubuntu 10.04 wvdial, but it works on Squeeze as well, so it probably works on Debian Mint also .. :wink:

https://sites.google.com/site/bootcdoob ... ects=0&d=1

Google translator may help with Readme (ohje)

http://translate.google.fi/?hl=fi&tab=wT#fi|en|

Return to “Networking”