Entered wrong password now I get Wifi connection failed

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
treddy

Entered wrong password now I get Wifi connection failed

Post by treddy »

I entered the wrong password for my Wifi connection and now I can not connect to my Wifi but I can connect to my neighbors unprotected Wifi. I can not find a place to reenter my password. When I select my wifi I get a message that my "Connection Failed"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Entered wrong password now I get Wifi connection failed

Post by viking777 »

Hit Alt/F2 then type

Code: Select all

nm-connection-editor
. Go to the wireless tab highlight your connection (or add the connection if it is not there) then go to wireless security tab select the type of security you have and then enter the password.
treddy

Post by treddy »

I have tried that, When I choose the network, it automatically states that the connection failed. The first time I clicked on my network it asked for the key. I entered the wrong key and now it will not let me enter the right key. If I go to the system setting menu, the area for entering the key is greyed out.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Are you able to delete the connection from nm-connection-editor? If you can do that you should be able to recreate it with the correct password.
treddy

Post by treddy »

I am not sure what nm-connection-editor is. In system setting-network-wireless it will not let me highlight my network.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

OK, so reset your router again, that is the connections
--and check that your network setup is running (client) on your local computer

You can find the web page for the router in the manual provided when you bought it.
--and any steps to correct a problem connection..

Gnome keyring..
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1036564
  • Post 3..
treddy

Post by treddy »

If I fat finger other passwords in Mint will it also require to uninstall and reinstall that particular operation? If that is the case I feel that Mint may not be the Linux program that I am looking for.

Return to “Networking”