weird keyboard shortcut behavior

weird keyboard shortcut behavior

Postby rtk217 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 am

Since I first installed the latest mint i have this issue which i couldnt solve by myself, and after investigation on the "google" i couldnt find any suitable answer.
the problem is as follows:
Every "known" keyboard shortcut seems to be overriden by some "upper" layer daemon thats controling it instead of the process daemon that should interpert it.
for example:
the Ctrl+a shortcut on the keyboard which should cause a selection of all text or files, doesnt correspond, and simply does nothing, this happens in chrome/chromium/firefox/gedit/nautilus.
the Ctrl+f for searching works fine on chrome browser, but doesnt correspond on the gedit text editor.
the {Backspace} button which is supposed to go back on the browser to a former page doesnt correspond.

now i believe the problem is not related to the mentiond applications, but some other daemon that simply overrides or "steals" the shortcut input.

the system I'm on is: Linux version 3.2.0-24-generic (buildd@crested) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 21 16:52:17 UTC 2012
Distro is linux mint 13, gnome edition.
rtk217
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to MATE