Folders are opened in Firefox

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Prooz

Re: Folders are opened in Firefox

Post by Prooz »

I get these two choises:
1 nautilus
2 other

I've only tried 1.

EDIT: Now it seems as if it's back to normal... And by that I mean that it opens with firefox
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I get these two choises:
1 nautilus
2 other
Try changing it to 2 (other) and type the command

Code: Select all

nautilus-folder-handler
Instead of just nautilus.

That is what mine says.
chenyixiu

Post by chenyixiu »

That IS a gr8 command :)
However it didn't work :(
I got the option of opening with nautilus or other. I chose nautilus and it opened the folder. But now when I try to open a folder throught Gnome-Do, Cairo-Dock, or whatever it doesn't open at all :(

mircosoft office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 Review
bumdrew

Post by bumdrew »

I had a similar problem to this. Whenever I clicked "show in folder" in google chrome it would try to open vlc.

The solution was to right click any folder select "open with" from the context menu. Select "open with other application" from the next context menu. From the list of software that appears select your file manager application. In my case it was thunar. Then ensure "remember this application for "folder" files" selection box is ticked. Select open. Job done. From now on whenever you click "show in folder" it should open the folder with your chosen file management application.

Just to note, I know in this case it was me who changed the defaults inadvertently anyway, not any kind of software glitch, when I was experimenting with trying to add an "open with vlc player" option to the context menu on folders.

I hope this helps. My first post in here so be nice.

Return to “MATE”