Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby tommytis on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:16 am

Hello,

I recently have changed from Ubuntu to Mint... and so far mint looks good... I like using compiz andsome other functions only available on gnome 2. So I have logged in with the Gnome classic and everything looks default... good....

My problem is that I would like to remove the panels top and bottom. In ubuntu i used to do this by right clicking on panel and deleting. On mint 12 this is not possible... I want to know how I can remove both top and bottom panels? I have already configured cairo-dock to replace these panels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tommy
tommytis
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby Monsta on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:56 am

It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
I suggest you log into MATE session instead, you'll find it much easier to configure since it's Gnome 2 fork.
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8
 
Posts: 2497
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:46 am

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby tommytis on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm

It did not work...
tommytis
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 am

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby tommytis on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:34 am

Hi people know... I found that you can login with the cairo-dock enabled from the login screen. Just change it from gnome to cairo-dock with open GL or without for those that dont have a high end graphics card.

Kind regards,
tommytis
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:07 am

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby Randomologist on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I am just a new user to mint, but I love it. Best OS ever!
To answer your question, I have found a way to "change" the look of it.
What you have to do is alt+right click on either bar and you can make it smaller, or move it to the top of the screen.
I hope that answers your question
To answer your reply, it does work on my version. just make sure you hold down alt and then right click.
Randomologist
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby almars on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 am

tommytis wrote:Hello,

I recently have changed from Ubuntu to Mint... and so far mint looks good... I like using compiz andsome other functions only available on gnome 2. So I have logged in with the Gnome classic and everything looks default... good....

My problem is that I would like to remove the panels top and bottom. In ubuntu i used to do this by right clicking on panel and deleting. On mint 12 this is not possible... I want to know how I can remove both top and bottom panels? I have already configured cairo-dock to replace these panels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tommy


I have the same problem,
almars
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby Randomologist on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:55 am

I changed mine in Gnome Classic (no effects). Don't know if it works in others. I am now using cinnamon, and there is a settings panel which lets you choose options. It is still a work in progress, but still funtional.
Randomologist
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby 4dr14n4 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Monsta wrote:It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
I suggest you log into MATE session instead, you'll find it much easier to configure since it's Gnome 2 fork.


Thanx! It worked for me. :)
4dr14n4
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Postby turfreijer on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:25 am

4dr14n4 wrote:
Monsta wrote:It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
I suggest you log into MATE session instead, you'll find it much easier to configure since it's Gnome 2 fork.


Thanx! It worked for me. :)


For me also, thanx...
turfreijer
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:23 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to MATE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests