all buttons of the same kind in the same entry on bottom pan

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
swan

all buttons of the same kind in the same entry on bottom pan

Post by swan »

Dear All,

I switched from linux mint 8 to mint 12.
I'd like to have all my terminal entries in the same button, all my kate editor entries in the same button, and so on on the bottom panel.
In mint 8 there was a menu, that one reached with right mouse click from the bottom panel. Now in mint 12 there is no such menu any more.
How can I say, I want the same type entries in the same button in the bottom panel?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: all buttons of the same kind in the same entry on bottom

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
swan

Post by swan »

Unfortunately I can not find the relevant part in that long explanation. Could anybody help? Thanks.
swan

Post by swan »

In the old version right mouse click on the bottom panel popped up a properties dialog. If "expand" was clicked out, then the application buttons for a certain application were in the same button. How to get this behaviour on linux mint 12? Now there is no properties dialog any more. There is not a word in the tips and tricks document about this. How to reach this in mint 12?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

swan wrote:In the old version right mouse click on the bottom panel popped up a properties dialog
As explained in the tips & tricks thread, gnome shell is totally different to gnome panel. You need to find shell extensions that perform similar functions. or switch to a different desktop.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
swan

Post by swan »

I have found configuration editor, and modified apps/panel/window_list/prefs/group_windows from never to always.
There is no effect, buttons are not grouped. Any idea?

Return to “MATE”