Mint 12 KDE Network Management Settings - HELP

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brianmangos

Mint 12 KDE Network Management Settings - HELP

Post by brianmangos »

[Reposted from Main Edition Board to KDE]

Hello all,

I recently installed Mint 12 KDE 64bit on a Lenovo ThinkPad 0579-A62. In the last day, I noticed that the system tray icon for the Network Management Settings now displays a red box with a white X, and says "No Network Interfaces", yet I am still successfully connected to WiFi internet. Clicking on the icon shows an empty list of connections, and the option for adding a connection is unavailable. Notably, I restarted, and again, when clicking on the icon, not only is the list of connections empty, but the checkbox for "Enable Networking" is also unchecked at startup. Checking the box after booting makes no discernible difference. I am still connected to the internet wirelessly, but with no way to manage my connections.

While I have previously tinkered with Mint 10 and Ubuntu 10.04 on my other machines, I am still relatively a n00b to linux and evenmoreso when it comes to navigating KDE. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
brianmangos

Re: Mint 12 KDE Network Management Settings - HELP

Post by brianmangos »

bump. someone has to have some idea how to fix this...
brianmangos

Re: Mint 12 KDE Network Management Settings - HELP

Post by brianmangos »

Nevermind. Since no one could help, I just got rid of KDE and installed Mint 12. Although within 5 minutes of using it after install, my mousepad suddenly went out. So far, this whole release is pretty rough with this box.

Return to “Software & Applications”