which driver for nvidia 8400 GS [solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

which driver for nvidia 8400 GS [solved]

Post by vinoman »

I've just installed Mint 13 KDE and wanted to know which driver should I install for a nvidia 8400 gs?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rudemeister

Re: which driver for nvidia 8400 GS

Post by Rudemeister »

vinoman wrote:I've just installed Mint 13 KDE and wanted to know which driver should I install for a nvidia 8400 gs?
The recommended one from the Additional Drivers icon. It's very easy to do. Go to your start button and enter the System icon. You'll see the Additional Drivers icon right there. Click on it and do what it says.

Or you could also do this:

How To Get & Install Nvidia 302.17 Driver for Mint 13

If you have Ubuntu 12.04 or Linux Mint 13 installed and you want the latest Nvidia 302.17 installed, go to the URL below. I have Mint 13 KDE and this driver works better than the 295.49 that was the default driver in my fresh installation.

http://www.unixmen.com/nvidia-302-17-ha ... -fedora17/

Awesome! My PC and laptop do a better job of connecting to my TV also. This driver seems a bit faster too.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

Thanks, I installed the Nvidia 302.17 driver and after reboot all looks well, though I don't see much difference from the generic drivers from the initial install of Mint 13 KDE.

But it looks good. :)
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

vinoman wrote:Thanks, I installed the Nvidia 302.17 driver and after reboot all looks well, though I don't see much difference from the generic drivers from the initial install of Mint 13 KDE. But it looks good. :)
You're welcome! I was getting a bunch of artifacts on my screen after playing Open Arena and other OpenGL 3D games. It required a reboot to get rid of them. Now it doesn't happen anymore!!

:D

Return to “Software & Applications”