need widget to adjust brightness SOLVED

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bazzaman

need widget to adjust brightness SOLVED

Post by bazzaman »

I have installed Mint 13 KDE 64bit on a Samsung laptop. The hot buttons do not work for adjusting screen brightness. I searched for a widget; but the only one I could find was an Nvidia-type one. It did not work (although the laptop has Nvidia Optimus ).
I had previously installed Mint 13 XFCE on this machine, and managed to find a widget to adjust screen brightness. But I prefer KDE; so when this new version came out I installed it.
So it seems a bit odd that there is one for XFCE but not KDE. Even odder when considering how many widgets there are for, what seems like, the most obscure purposes.
Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Re: need widget to adjust brightness

Post by midas »

Just click on the battery-widget on the taskbar. When you open this widget you'll find the screen-brightness button....
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
bazzaman

Re: need widget to adjust brightness

Post by bazzaman »

thanks midas... I doubt I would ever have found that on my own. "intuitive" is pretty subjective I guess.

Return to “Software & Applications”