Hung Update Manager Mint 13 KDE? Ok to kill?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dss91

Hung Update Manager Mint 13 KDE? Ok to kill?

Post by dss91 »

I've just freshly installed Mint 13 KDE after I had some issues with my Mint 12 installation - rather than spend a bunch of time trying to fix a version that will be obsolete in less than a year, I figured I'd just upgrade to Mint 13. After a fresh install, I ran the update manager and found that I had an update to do (mintupdate 4.4.2). I clicked install updates and after giving it the ok to install the updates, the manager has appeared to be hung. It's been like this for over a day now.

Is it ok to kill it and retry through the terminal?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Hung Update Manager Mint 13 KDE? Ok to kill?

Post by viking777 »

Oh please, please do. I can't bear the thought of someone waiting for a day or more for a single update to complete - what do you do for your day job, are you a saint or something :lol:

Its doubly tragic when the update concerned is only mintupdate. You may well like it, but it is not essential to anything. So please update using the terminal or I won't be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
la_monda
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Hung Update Manager Mint 13 KDE? Ok to kill?

Post by la_monda »

happened to me. try sudo apt-get update, sudo aptget upgrade. after that tthe mint update tool worked ok.

Return to “Software & Applications”