I recently installed Mint 13 with the KDE desktop and started experimenting with customization.
My problem: my search bar at my "kickoff application launcher" stopped working. This occurred right after I tried installing gnome-pie. Here's the order of what I did:
1) sudo apt-get install gnome-pie
2) After playing around with gnome pie it didn't seem to work
3) I went to look for something using that search bar but I noticed that when I type a character in the field appears blank and the list of potential applications and whatnot goes blank. (If I select the text I can see it but it still doesn't select applications or work in any way. Note that I can still use right-click>run command... and that field works)
4) since I was using the search bar frequently I presumed the gnome-pie installation had something to do with it so I did sudo apt-get purge gnome pie
5) it seemed to uninstall ok but even after a restart the problem didn't go away.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be amiss? Thanks in advance.