Linux Mint 13 KDE and FullHD Monitor problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yro

Linux Mint 13 KDE and FullHD Monitor problem

Post by yro »

Hi.

I have Linux Mint 13 KDE updated in my other partition.

I have an FullHD 23' monitor.

The problem is: When I turn on the computer and select LM13KDE in Grub menu the monitor turn off for a while (about 15 seconds) and then shows the KDE login.

I updated the KDE to KDE 4.9 and the problem continues.

I tried the XFCE 4.10 edition and the problem is not there. No problem with Mint 13 Cinnamon too.

Somebody help me. Its like the Kernel (or KDE) doesnt recognize the monitor for a while or just turn it off while running some scripts or bootmanager. I dont know what it is.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Linux Mint 13 KDE and FullHD Monitor problem

Post by JoeFootball »

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I don't think it's your monitor, but a known behavior in Linux Mint 13 KDE, where the Release Notes state, "...the boot splash screen is completely black. This is by design."

There's also an option for a solution in the Release Notes, if you really feel the need to have a splash screen. Otherwise, don't worry about it. "When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." (Friedrich Nietzsche) :)

Joe
yro

Re: Linux Mint 13 KDE and FullHD Monitor problem

Post by yro »

Ok.

Thanks for Your advise. I didnt see the info from release notes.

But the problem still there. When turning the computer on, selecting Mint in grub menu, then the monitor turn off for a while, about 15 seconds, and then it shows the kde login manager. This is sad because my computer is fast and I realy hate to wait about 15 seconds just to do login and then wait about 10 seconds until the desktop is up. I like KDE and mint 13 kde but with this issue Ill have to stay away from it.

Return to “Software & Applications”